At St Paul’s Catholic Primary School, we understand the responsibility to educate our pupils in on-line safety issues; teaching them the appropriate behaviours and critical thinking skills to enable them to remain both safe and legal when using the internet and related technologies, in and beyond the context of the classroom.
E-safety is a key part of our Computing curriculum, we recognise the wide range of web-based and mobile learning that is available to our children and the constant fast paced evolution of computing within our society as a whole. The key to promoting effective online safety is through open discussions with the children and through embedded e-safety learning.
At different opportunities throughout the year we have a whole school focus on e-safety where we show age- appropriate films to warn of the dangers of online social media and gaming,class discussions and workshop activities and whole school and Key stage assemblies.
As you, our parents are at the forefront of your child's online safety outside the context of school we deliver e-safety afternoon and evening presentations to inform you of the different ways you can help keep your child safe online.
Please do speak to us if you have any concerns about anything your child is doing or experiencing on the internet!
NSPCC links for Online Safety
'Squid Game' Information for Parents 2021
Guide for parents Yr 5 and 6.
E-Safety Video for Years 4/5/6
Useful websites when using the internet:
- Has someone acted inappropriately towards your child online? http://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/Parents/
- How can I help keep my child to stay safe? https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- New Nspcc help, advice and tools you can use to help keep your child safe whenever and wherever they go online.http://email.nspcc.org.uk/q/13ZeC7kie2xN2Q3siyhaW/wv
- Links for the children to access about E Safety: http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/ http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/
- Help from Cyber mentors if children are being bullied or worried about things. http://archive.beatbullying.org/dox/what-we-do/cybermentors.html
- Worried about viruses, hacking and on-line security? https://www.getsafeonline.org/
- Change the privacy settings on your videos https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177